This month’s Lazy Susan challenge was to make a delicious Vegetarian dish, using locally grown produce. So I thought, what’s more local than super-fresh lemons from your own backyard? This recipe for Lemon Pasta is a favorite for many reasons: it’s a one-pot meal, it’s nice and light and anyone can make it – you only need to know how to boil water!
This One-Pot Lemon Pasta serves as a great accompaniment to grilled veggies, a little fresh fish or with chicken picatta. It is versatile and always a crowd-pleaser.
- 9 oz linguine pasta (I prefer homemade or store-bought fresh)
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine (see this post for one of my favorite tips on cooking with wine)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tb lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- salt to taste
- Boil a large pot of water and prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and transfer back to pot.
- Combine all ingredients, tossing to coat pasta evenly. Serve immediately.
- Sit back and enjoy. That’s it!
Now, head on over to the Sunny Vegan, for some delicious Spring Asparagus Soup!