I admit that I’m a bit of a beauty product junkie. I love makeup and hair and all things girlie, but I hate to spend a fortune on my habit. Years of drugstore and (ahem!) Target shopping have yielded a packed-to-the-brim makeup bag full of awesome beauty buys, all under $12. Here are my six best beauty buys for under $12 -
1. Burt’s Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser ($12) – I once read that if you are going to skimp on facial-care products, your cleanser is a good place to save money, since it spends the least amount of time on your skin. This cleanser is a nice, creamy face wash that easily removes makeup and doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry.
2. Covergirl Outlast Lipstain ($4) – I simply don’t have the patience to reapply lipstick or lip gloss throughout the day. This lipstain is best described as a marker for your mouth; it’s easy to apply, lasts forever and doesn’t dry your lips out. I have about 5 tubes of the Color #420 floating around my purse.
3. L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray ($12) – This hairspray goes on in a fine mist, brushes out easily and doesn’t leave your hair looking crunchy and dull. It is WAY better than any salon hairspray that I’ve ever used. If you are lucky enough to find some in your local drugtsore, buy a couple cans – this stuff is hard to find.
4. Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes ($11) – These face towelettes are great for those nights when you just can’t motivate yourself to wash off your makeup. I keep them by my bedside for a pre-bed cleanse on those rare nights that a full face-washing just isn’t in the cards. One towelette removes every last bit of makeup.
5. Maybelline New York The Colossal Volume Mascara ($6) – If time were of no consequence, I would wear big fake lashes every day of the week. This mascara is the closest thing I’ve found to wearing falsies and it is CHEAP. Trust me, I’ve spent five times this on one tube of designer mascara and nothing beats Maybelline New York.
6. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo ($5) – Once a week, I wash with this clarifying shampoo, which removes all the gunk, product and crud from my long hair. It is pure magic, and costs a fraction of the stuff you buy in the salon.
I would love to hear your favorite beauty buys! Leave a comment below if you have any favorite to add to my arsenal!